Love can be...
Friday, September 7, 2018


I was in the midst of tidying my messy drawer and I found this among a stack of handwritten cards which I have cherished dearly. Couldn’t help but to open this up and read it all over again and every single word mattered so much to me because making cards is never your thing and you decided to make this on our first year mark of courtship.

It made me smile when a tear trickled down..I saw this particular sentence and I couldn’t help but all the sadness drowns in all over again. 

My first love taught me that...
Love can be full of squabbles but at the end of the day, nothing can never be resolved with a long night talk.
Love is the interlocking of hands and walk at the park connector to stadium.
Love can be as simple as sharing a bowl of laksa even though you never intended to share because I was determined to go on a fasting but got too hungry.
Love is having our own language and conversing in way that no one can understand.
Love is just sitting at the kitchen table eating steamboat from a rice cooker.

But...
Love can be unforgiving.
Love can be really cold.
Love turns everything into simple hello and goodbye.

Where love turns a pair into strangers again.