New beginning
Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Currently blogging while I am constantly blowing my nose away. I guess I have caught the flu bug yesterday and I have been blowing my nose ever since. So yes,my blogging setting is slightly different today. I am blogging in hall 18! I have moved in to hall 18 to bunk with Andrea because I cannot tolerate the long distance anymore. I need a space in school. The hall fees here are so much more expensive than my previous hall but I guess the better facilities and amenities comes with a greater price too. #nocomplaints #letmecomplainforawhile I have adapted to living in hall 18 pretty fast, even though its just my third day sleeping in here but I feel like I have adapted pretty well.It tookmy more than 2 weeks to adapt my new life in hall 2 last year and I remember myself weeping away at night because the bed was too stiff for me to handle and I miss my home badly for the first few weeks in hall.

For the past weekend, I had my WSC COR overnight camp. We had a few games at Sentosa, Vivo city and spent the next half of our Saturday in Pasir Ris Park. It was my first time starting the fire for the BBQ from scratch. Never have I try to start up the fire before but I guess the main thing about being in COR is to always contribute and contribute and help out as much as you can. Even though I am pretty anal about not having a clean and proper bathroom, I really don't mind sleeping in the outdoors. Of course my own bed still feels better than sleeping in stuffy tent but and having the paranoia that an insect may drop into your mouth while you are sound asleep any moment but don't you just love the feeling of squeezing with other 7 girls in a tent and chatting till you fall asleep? Joining COR has never been a bad decision. I know my CCA is taking away a HUGE amount of time away from my busy schedule but what's better than doing something you are passionate about. For the whole of December holiday, I can most probably foresee myself working away for various part time jobs and contributing 100% of my wages to our OCIP fund but everything is worth it. That's what canvassing is for, am I not right? 9 days living under a harsh conditions, I can do this. There are plans to extend our OCIP to 11 days and I am really excited about this. Wouldn't mind to fork out a bit more even though I ain't going there for a vacation but to dig a hole in the ground and do all my toilet business there but I am ready. I felt like I have been living a princess life for too long, I get what I want everytime when I ask for them and life's treating me too well. Though my family background isn't all that wealthy nor is it exactly humble, I still get what I want most of the time. I never understand how my parents are able to feed a family of 6 including themselves. For my own part, it's time to do something selflessly and contribute to the less fortunate I feel. The most rewarding feeling in this world isn't purchasing your favourite dress of the rack nor is it getting a good grade for a test paper. It is to see someone smile by giving them your help and sharing your joy with them. Life's so much more than what we are taught in our education system for all these while. We are all so pampered and have been living in our comfort zone all these while, it don't hurts trying to help out a little to others. I don't really care how people are always talking about achievements and all. Yes, we do need to aim high for our academics as well but I definitely don't want to look back and regret for things that I have never done and everything is too late by then. Perhaps my definition of happiness is shallow but I believe that the world should be fair. God don't grant us equal rights but you can always share them :)

Sign language classes isn't easy AT ALL and everytime I attend the classes, I just feel so stressed out because the pace of the lesson is too fast sigh but I don't want to give up just like this. I don't know why but I feel that attending these sign language classes give me a sense of serenity. After a long day of talking and communication, you finally got the chance to withdraw back into your small little comfort zone and communicate through hand signs. You know what...Every sign tells a story behind them.

And tadaa, some of my favourite shots during the camp. Most of them are candid.


Probably my favourite activity during the camp. Passing paper around for other 23 COR members to write their first impression of you. I got to learn that I am a Malysian girl/ chao ah lian/ pervert girl/ cheerful and outgoing/ cute (heheh thanks whoever you are!) / sexy girl/ noisy and talkative / straightforward/ "always smile smile"/ funny/ approachable. All the notes written there are anonymous as no name is stated. THANKS ALL OF YALL. Hahaha I know I am too noisy sometimes but I HATE THE FACT THAT I AM A MALAYSIAN GIRL. Proud to be a Singaporean and forever proud and I don't like this nickname of me being a Malaysian girl. There are a few different types of stereotypes and if I am not under the "speaks too much chinese" category, its good enough. I CANNOT TAKE IT SORRY.


Sherman and Ming sheng FOREVER have to disturb me in group shots.




Perhaps you can spot me trying to cover my paper away from Ming Sheng because I was writing my first impression of him that time and I don't want him to see which handwriting belongs to mine.


Us and our Merlion drawing. All of us have to hold on to one rafia string that is attached to a marker and we have to draw a merlion without using out hands to touch the marker. For this, I felt that our drawing is pretty good HAHAHA.


No idea what I am doing here. I guess I am trying to make a joke again.



My favourite shot! I was actually laughing at myself for doing something so despicable. That is, to keep the other team's password after finding theirs and not giving it to them. I meant this is a match between two teams, why should I right HAHAHAH?! Ok so bad. Despicable me. I wanted to give it to them only after finding ours. At least I am being nice for not throwing it into the sea. HAHAH kidding.