What a $5 can do
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
To be honest, the haircut I had yesterday wasn't really of my satisfactory level. I was rather conscious at work today because I looked like I am at least 5 years older than what I am supposed to be? Really upset and I certainly don't want to look like I am 25 when I am not even 20 yet. I refuse to admit I am 20 this year meh... So after my work, I went to search for some cheapo hair salon around the HDB estate and all I see is $3.80 per haircut, $5 per haircut, cut 5 times and get 1 free etc etc. Such a monopolistic competition but I lurve it, who are to gain from all of these marketing strategy and price wars? Consumers and only consumers. Perhaps the hairdressers gain more with the price slash since the demand price elasticity for haircuts is high in numerical value but I don't really care. All I know is $3.80 for a haircut is too cheap. And "cut 5 times and get 1 free" but the loyalty card only last for a year.. REALLY?! This is a very good strategy to retain their market share in the long run but why would anybody will want to cut their hair 6 times in a year? I don't get.....Okay nevermind. I finally settled in this hair salon that offers haircut for $5. My hair is originally short enough so I guess I wouldn't mind to pay the extra $1.20 (taking reference with the $3.80 haircut) to save my bird nest hair. I was in the hair salon and I requested the hairdresser to snip off my side tresses. It was supposed to be concaved but I guess it didn't work out for a jaws like mine. The hairdresser was like "Your hair is really short now and you sure you want to cut it to a pixie length. It will not complement your natural square jaws." Of course I hesitated for a while and then I decided to let her experiment with my hair whichever and however she wanted. No pixie length, thank god. A risk of $5 and I was so prepared for it. Other than the fact that she said "The back of your hair has been shaven a little too short and I don't think I can save it dear" Sweet lord, I am still quite satisfied with how my hair is being saved (except my fringe, it is done in a bangs kinda way and I thought I look very much like an under aged girl who is still in secondary school and I really dislike going the cute way. This 4 letters word is never in my vocabulary bank) but anyways......I manage to save my hair with only $5! What to do? When shit happens, you have to just make do with it.

I still remember the epic moment when Chengee and Huiboon were literally jaw-dropped and they were like "OH MY GOD, What blow did you experienced this time?" and when no matter how many times I waved to Angeline from far, she failed to see me but only see Xinping who was just right beside me that time. People will get used to my hair soon. Comfort over looking good. Might not look good in dresses anymore but that's alright...


I don't think I need to use hair ties or hair conditioner anymore HAHAHA.


Got to turn in soon! Urgh I really dislike having self-imposed sleeping curfews because of my work commitment but honestly, my life is all about working and sleeping now so there's nothing new about this.