The boiling frog syndrome
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Put a frog in a vessel of water and start heating the water.

As the temperature of the water rises, the frog is able to adjust its body temperature accordingly. The frog keeps on adjusting with the increase in temperature. Just when the water is about to reach its boiling point, the frog is not able to adjust anymore.

At that point, the frog decides to jump out.

The frog tries to jump but is unable to do so, because it has lost all its strength in trying to adjust with the rising water temperature. Very soon, the frog dies.

What killed the frog?

Many of us would say the boiling water. But the truth is what killed the frog was its own inability to decide when it had to jump out.

We all need to adjust with people and situations, but we need to be sure when we need to adjust and when we need to confront or face. There are times when we need to face the situation and take appropriate action. If we allow people to exploit us physically, mentally, emotionally or financially, they will continue to do so.

We have to decide when to jump.

***

Getting really really worried with my studies because I am lagging very much behind as compared to my peers. Need to do something to this from week 4 onwards. Meet up with different group of friends almost everyday and this took away much of my family time away and I barely have the time to do tutorials. Still have good samaritans around me who helped me selflessly with my work when I am really lost with engineering maths. What have I done to deserve such awesome people in my life. *punch self* You nice people will be blessed by god okay, I can't be anymore appreciative than this. Skipping lectures since the second week of school because I lagged too much behind and I figured that going lectures are just going to snowball my doubts. Thought living at home will be better than living in a hall but it seems like I go out more often than I thought I will. This is bad, real bad. Plus my environment science mid terms will be in the 4th week. Js, you really need to balance yourself well and get your priorities right. No more silly excuses in telling myself that I am entitled to all the time in the world to meet up with friends right now because I didn't have enough time to do so during the holidays,that's ridiculous, just ridiculous.


The other midnight training for my Army safra half marathon alone. I'm actually struggling very hard to take a selfie. Who in the actual state of mind will take selfies while they are doing wall sits? So I actually slipped down after this lol.