Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Its only Monday and I was late. Thirty minutes late for an hour lecture is quite a big deal but at least I managed to clarify my doubts I had the day before. So happy that I wanted to leave 10mins after I entered the LT! Went a little overboard yesterday and analyse some circuits till 4.30am in the morning?! Serve me right for not prioritizing my time well. Er no regrets because the time spent is time well spent meeting up with my fellow homo sapiens for the past few days. Genuine happiness. Sometimes somehow through a period of time, people drift apart or rather, after leaving a certain place, workplace or school or whatever it is... but when you guys bumped into each other and conversations just keep flowing without any room left for discomfiture, aren't that kind of feeling the best thing on earth? They say good friends are hard to come by but I'd say TRUE friends are hard to come by instead.
Anyway back to my day today, had my first Tech comm tutorial and it bores me. Not that the tutor was boring. In fact, she was really engaging and humorous and I am truthful about this. Not sarcasm. I think I just found a good guiding mentor for the upcoming project work. Give me a moment to emit a long audible breath expressing my sadness. Sigh much but it seems like we're going to have project work again but this time not within 9 months and instead, 2.5 months. This is absolutely absurd but I'm 20, I was 17 so let's just not compare with the past. Talking about project work, good memories (and bad) memories just came gushing into my overwhelming state of mind. Pretty upset and still very self-reproaching that all the first hand group project proposals, written reports, oral presentation slide shows and little videos my group and I made are stored in my lappy. Shortly after the whole PW journey ended, my lappy crashed and it only lasted for 2 1.5 years but my dad figured out that buying a new laptop will be better instead of trying to fix the faulty lappy. We don't get to see our fruit of labour anymore and AlwaySecure is like a baby that we all carried in our wombs for 9 months (and for the boys, carrying in their non-existent wombs). Ahh, the good times, going for a sushi buffet together to celebrate our As for PW, pasar malam junk food in class while we edit our proposals together, group members helping me clean my blood stained school skirt and cover my ass because I had an overflow and I wasn't aware of it at all, singing some random songs at the cross junction just beside our school late at night after our PW meet-ups, my group members buying a cake for me and the whole class surprised me by singing me a birthday song followed with good compliments Mr chua gave me as a group leader after everyone sang me a birthday song. I was so touched that I broke into tears that time lololol #crybaby. I still remember that day was the day whereby we need to go back to school just to do all the filing for our project documents and it was my birthday as well. Still remember one particular night at around 11pm, it was just Steph, Angie and me in Woodlands Macdonalds and we were supposedly going to edit our report together as a group but I fell asleep on the table and they didn't want to wake me up until past midnight because they told me that I deserve some good rest for working very hard as a group leader. Too touched, could have cried on the spot but my tear duct was dried up from crying about our report. The bad times,well of course, quarreling with Steph in class, having like 1 to 2 hours of sleep OFTEN, me talking back to Mdm Leong because well...I couldn't understand how her intentions are going to aid our report and Mr chua telling us that our proposal is a "D" grade worth kind of thing, . Imagine a tutor telling you that your written report is a D grade worth report 1 month before the submission date, how demoralising that is, as a leader? I honestly felt very inferior because all the other 4 groups in my class had really good reports but when it comes to us, there were many loopholes and I thought I really failed as a leader,failed as pillar of support. Trying to save our report was like clearing a forest fire...IJ052 was almost torn apart but I'm glad it ended well and with a bang. Really proud and that moment of glory when As smack right in people's faces, everything is worth it mmmm. Oh my god, nostalgic nostalgic. A blog post that does not made sense because I'm, as usual, love to think about the good past and let all the scenes re-enact in my head again. Over and over again.
Had a long day today. Went NUS to collect my race pack for the upcoming 10km run in NUS and also to have my mugshot, oops I meant the photo for my new IC. Sorry but I just feel that all these identification card photos just look like mug shot to me. Solemn. Upright. Still feel a little weird that I am not longer addressed as Jingxuan in school but that's alright, I will get used to it sooner or later.

Preparing to take my mugshot lol. Ears must be shown, eyebrows must be shown. Me iz scared cuz me gottta squariee jawz. Put on eyeliner because I don't want to look pale in my IC for the remaining few years until 30 years old lolololol

Cotton on had this 40% storewide promotion during the National day period and I went a little crazy in there. 3 of my favourite items I bagged home. Out of which, there is this dungaree on the right that I don't know when will I dare to wear it out because you know...."Go dress like your age lah". Not the kind of person who are into kiddish outfits but I have to buy this!!! Originally at $49.95, discount to $29.95 and further discount of 40%. Tell me how not to buy!!!!!!!! Oh em geeeeee.

Failed monopod attempt and we figured out that using our bare hands is always better. Thanks to Yvonne's skills and hand, we got many good shots captured that night.


Cute high socks Huiboon bought from Kr. Love it. Comes in handy when I go to sleep in cold environment.
