National day 2014
Monday, August 11, 2014
Tomorrow will be my last day of work at UOB and it will also be my last day to enjoy before school (hell) officially starts. I am already missing my summer holidays T.T Please come back to me my dear holiday. 

My holiday was all about earning money and watching random videos away on facebook. My summer holidays didn't started well, my nanny passed away and I have witnessed how she struggled through her final stage of cancer for a short two weeks. Recently, I got to know that she was diagnosed with cancer earlier but I am kept in the dark because I was having my finals during that period and she didn't want me to be affected. Having to cope with grief after the death when you have to act like you're all alright on the outer. What I realised is that working and keeping myself busy actually takes away such emotions away and soon,you'll get numb to it. People tend to say that time heal all wounds but let's just be honest, we all know that it doesn't. Time doesn't heal,it only numb. Anyway that's not the point... Just seen a very disturbing video of people burning dogs alive and the people. Facebook, Why do you have to autoplay?! Hope justice will be well served to the poor doggies. God please tell me that you actually exist.



Still very troubled on whether to take up an elective during the add drop period, already have a few electives in mind and honestly I am not willing to risk taking another elective. My year 4 senior once told me that year 2 is the worst year, I was advised not to take up any electives and "if you can pass your year 2,the remaining 2 years will be easy". And we have mandatory lab lessons that doesn't weigh any AUs at all,so much of being in the 2013/2014 cohort. I am currently taking 8 modules (no electives at all) with a total of 17Aus weightage. This just screams "what the heck man". Honestly I am very tempted to take up another UE this semester but I'm....stuck. Its either I take up an elective now or I am going to buy a special semester. Don't think I'll ever take up any business elective during my school curriculum after asking around for advices but I desperately need to clear my business GERPE.

Anyway I am here to blog about my national day! So glad for this national day because I don't have to work because I am required to work on Saturdays actually. Went out with Angeline to catch fireworks during that day and to be honest, I am the kind of person who will just be like "Fireworks nia so what" but when you are viewing the fireworks in person,dayum dat feeling...




Still a typical Singaporean who gets very excited when it comes to fireworks. Thought I started my day well by making some coins donation and a $20 donation while waiting for Angeline at Woodlands MRT station but seems like they were just fake satisfaction. I only asked for the person's organisation and I thought that if he is studying in Ngee Ann poly, he might be doing some welfare community services for his school and I pity him for asking donations on a national holiday. Guess I have placed my sympathy on the wrong aspect this time round. The minimum amount for donation is actually $20 and the guy actually asked for $50 and when I told Angeline about it,she said that no donations would require a minimum amount which then I realised that I may have been duped and fallen prey into a bogus donation. I sincerely want to do a good deed and if people are out there to cheat and con,karma strikes.SIGH WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST DO SOME DECENT JOB. Just need to learn how to have a strong firm and brush such people away in the future. So much of watching all these news regarding fake donations yet I still become a victim of it. Hate myself for being so gullible. Argh, forget it. Just going to tell myself that I have dropped the $20 on the floor or something.



Peaches, pastries and lots of water to last through the evening and night.









And I accidentally captured this guy in the background. Things were like this... Whenever there are people standing in front of him and block his view, he will start complaining out loud and shout at them to go somewhere else. I thought that its quite an appreciative gesture because when he does that, Angeline and I got to gain from it as well because our views will be cleared lol. However, it seems like he cannot shut his mouth and keep on complaining non-stop even if there are passer-bys who just stood in front of him for that mere short while. He almost quarreled with a woman and I was like woah..shit just got real. Oh wells, you know you are in Singapore when there are people out there who loves to pick fights and complain, even on a happy occasion. Jadi bising, saya tak suka :(




Thankful for Singapore, for what I call home.


The beautiful skyscrapers of Singapore.

Yay to public good with absolutely no cost where utilisation is fully maximized. View of fireworks against a beautiful skyline AHAHAHA.

















This massive fireworks lit up the dark sky instantly.





I honestly have took quite a lot of photos of the REALLY LONG fireworks but I sift out the best few ones because some of them are really....bad.

Proud to say that I am born in Singapore. Even though people and maybe myself are quite unhappy with some of the systems and policies formulated by the leaders in Singapore,I am honestly satisfied enough for the political stability and the geographical location. Some little flash floods here and there in Orchard road is better than having monsoon rain, hurricanes and extreme droughts seasonally. People are greedy and I myself admit that I may be greedy at times. Even when we are blessed with one thing, we want more and I guess its a never ending thing and this is probably a human nature. The constant pursuit for a better living. My wish for Singapore is that Mr Lee Kuan Yew will still be healthy enough to see the country he has built up turn 50. And of course for the currency to be as strong as always without affecting our export revenues and other economical aspects.

Rushed to Melissa's house to meet everyone because we were going to Swee choon for supper. Walked into her house and had a warm and friendly welcome from Kirby! (As compared to the day when I first see him.) Miss this boy so much and how I wish I can play with him everyday. Had the sweechoon supper with the Tiong siblings, Esther and Yanxiong (Melvin's good friend).



QT 3.142.I lurve you.

It was my first time at Swee choon and I was highly anticipating for it man. I'm easy to befriend with actually,just bring me to places with good food and voila hahahah.







We actually ordered more than what are shown in the two photos but we didn't actually wait for everything to accumulate on the table. We dug in immediately when the food were served. Unable to eat the har gow and siew mai because they have prawns in it. I do eat siew mai but I didn't expect their siew mai to have prawns in it. And the fresher the prawns are, the faster my shellfish allergy will flare up. Sad life of not being able to eat any shellfish since the age of 6. Perhaps one day I will try to experiment and just eat it but my mental block still tell me that the best is I don't touch them AT ALL. Think I will have bad hives if I really touch them.

My favourites were actually the chives pork dumplings and the fried vermicelli cubes.

It was actually my first time eating salted custard bun as well and I was so excited that I actually asked Melissa to video the whole process of me tearing the bun and eating it. I got it posted on Instagram LOL. Cheap thrill. I just love the oozing goodness so much my god.




That's us all and Yanxiong behind my huge head.

I actually changed into a more comfortable outfit which is my Spain soccer jersey and a white shorts which makes me a walking Singapore flag! Aha, although I was wearing spain soccer jersey but I am still very patriotic okay.
Don't know when is the next time I will be able to have supper because honestly having a car is more convenient for supper sessions. Plus I am not very willing to spend on taxi fares because midnight charges are too costly. Thank you Esther for the car ride to Swee choon and back to my block! Much appreciated :)