Sunday, August 3, 2014

On the flip side, this job may be easy but try standing for 7 hours straight on Weekdays and 5 hours straight on Saturdays, I think I might want to take back my words of trying for a retail job for the next upcoming vacation. The standing really made my feet hurt so much and its the kind of ache whereby you have just completed a half marathon but less enjoyable even though there are incentives.

I would have went to a massage parlour to have the pain relieved ... But that's okay, what's working if I spend my money extravagantly in this way right? Still remember my first day of work at UOB very well. Right after my work, I immediately went into the toilet,put down the cover,sat on it and massage my aching heels. Upon reaching home, all I can remember is myself skipping dinner for that day and I just slept on the sofa comfortably because I was really tired to even bathe so I didn't dared to step into my bedroom.... OCD hahahha. My parents were rather unhappy with me for skipping dinner that day because my mother is the particular kind of mother who thinks a day of skipping dinner means a painful journey of having gastritis oftenly in the future. My dad on the other side was rather unhappy and he said "I have warned you before hand, bank job isn't easy and you're forever this stubborn" That's alright. Never mind about my parents because well, working beats staying at home and leech on their allowances right? Since I have a medisave account with haha...DECENT amount for me to get hospitalised a few days in an average ward, I guess my cervical cancer vaccine fees is already settled. Thankful to have another temp staff working with me in UOB. Such a coincidence to know that she is studying in NTU, in the same year as me, in the faculty of engineering as well! The best part is we mingled well on the first day of work already. We are unable to talk to each other openly because afterall, we are the first few to face incoming customers so we have to be extremely mindful that we carry the reputation of UOB as well. Though the standing was an ordeal, I am happy to serve the fellow people. Love it when they count their money with glee and seeing how contented they are with their GST vouchers makes me happy too.

Sometimes it hurts so much to see elderly coming all the way down to collect their GST vouchers and only to realise that they were rejected because they did not bring their IC along,but sigh...That is the regulation required by government so oh wells.
I was rather panicky when there was a sudden influx of customers early in the morning on my first day or work because after all, I have been facing the computer for my past few vacation jobs, I wasn't really prepared for this. Decided to take up this job since I feel that working in a bank is a good beefing agent for my personal CV. Before I started my work at UOB, I knew nothing about fixed deposits, interest rate, how a bank actually operates but now, I am awared at least. Will continue to press on for this job..No matter how tough it's going to be, I'm tougher than that mehhhh. Right now as I am typing, I have actually just ended my MOM job and has also just started my UOB job a few days ago. I actually sourced for the bank job even before my MOM job ended. We all know that time lag is very costly economically! I thought I wouldn't be able to get the job initially because Woodlands branch has no more vacancy but I got offered a location that was not bad as well,AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE! This is going to be a really short two weeks job so I guess I will still be able to attend my lessons in school without any obstruction.

I don't have that many photos taken during my UOB job so this is the only photo that I will post it up here. I didn't want something too costly so I bought this coordinate from H and M,I don't know when will be the next time I am touching formal wear again so yeah, something budgeted will do.
My first job for this summer was in MOM. I was directly employed back by MOM since I have past experience and it was a humble 2.5months working with MOM. Anything related to work and people, I wouldn't exactly blog them down beecause I felt like issues related to work is a very sensitive issue so shhhh. What I learnt from my 2.5months stay are definitely........
1) Do your work diligently so no one can have the chance the find fault with you.
2) Always record what you have previously done and what you have not so any problems relating to cases not handled by you,they are absolutely none of your business.
3) Never leave cases half completed, finish everything that has to be done in the same day.
4) Eyes are all around,not forgetting about ears as well. As the quote that goes "Walls have ears"
5) Every office has their own politics I must say. Do not join in any gossips as and when you want to. And you don't simply wash your dirty linen in the public. You are bound to suffer on your own if you do that.
6) Lock the drawer before leaving the office if you are keeping important documents inside.
7) Always inhale and exhale before you are about to explode. Once the gun is fired,the bullet travels faster than you if you were to salvage the situation.
My first administrative work was rather a screwed up one because I didn't have any prior experience and I know NOTHING about working etiquette so I might have step on the tails of a few people but I was only 17 that time, I take it as I'm only human and I make mistakes too". MOM is a place whereby I have learnt a lot and I am really thankful.
Not forgetting the friendships we have forged within this short 2.5months.










Its 6.05am in the morning now and I am so glad I have finished blogging this post. Surprisingly I am not tired anymore. I guess I still need to catch my sleep as soon as possible so I can at least have a late breakfast with my parents later in the morning. Ahhh my precious Sunday, the only day whereby all of us are not working and all I want to do is to laze around in my pyjamas,do nothing but just have endless conversations with my parents. It has become a very common thing whereby I don't see my parents for a few days straight because everytime I have shift work and I dined out with my friends/colleagues, the time I reached home will be around midnight whereby my parents were already sound asleep. Plus,they will leave the house for work early in the morning when I am still asleep since shift work starts only at 10.30am. Well,at least I get to see them more often now since my current bank job will allow me to reach home latest by 6.40pm. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep on the couch everytime I get back home. Time wasted on sleeping is time wasted for not able to communicate well!
And to all the homo sapiens around me whom I haven't been meeting up with and neglecting a lot, I am so sorry! Perhaps after 11th August!? Thought I would need to spend more time with my family as of now before school starts and I don't get to see them often again.

And yes, just a little bit about myself... I have gotten my deed poll for name addition endorsed by a lawyer and my English name will be formally added to my current name soon as the documents are processed with ICA for this period. It suck when people doesn't know how to pronounce your name the correct way but really,no offences taken. Phew.... Juggling this name addition process with my full time office hours temp job wasn't easy at all... Thank god the whole name addition process with ICA and lawyer that I have sourced personally didn't exceed my budget of $300 otherwise I am really going to feed on grass for the rest of the month till my pay comes..


Till then readers! :) I just have my yawn and I guess it's time to sleep now...Time check, 6.15am. Holy shit and my alarm is set at 9am. How am I going to have breakfast with my parents later on!
