Sunday, July 20, 2014

Anyway a really awful tragedy happened just a few days ago? My sincerest condolences goes out to the families and loved ones of the MH17 passengers. May god grant them peace to grieve. My heart also goes out to the victims of the plane crash. When civilian planes become military targets....we have gross violation of human rights and international law. An error that cost 298 lives. Such a terrible sight to see heartbreaking news surfacing on my social media wall early in the morning while I was commuting to work on Friday. How awful it is to realise that we are in such close proximity to death with more and more disasters and wars happening? And every day, there is at least 1 person suffering/ dying in Gaza due to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I continue to tell myself not to be bothered by minor personal issues on my mind because out there in Gaza, there are people worrying about their loved ones being taken away and shot to death without any warning given. It's really scary when you realise that you'll never know when would be the last time you see someone. Fatality count out there is ongoing, what's problem considered here in Singapore? We are taking so much for granted and are not even realising it. I will constantly remind myself to count my blessings if I do feel unhappy at times and continue to pray for Palestine.
