Saturday, May 31, 2014
Edited 31/5/14 Saturday
Today is the release of semester 2 results and I'm not sure what to say. Did better this semester as compared to last semester,I improved by a gpa of 0.45,I'm glad phew. It just shows that my efforts have really PAID OFF. I am really happy to see such a great improvement this semester but was crushed to see my cumulative GPA to only improve by that small extent when my semester GPA improved by this much pffttt. I'm so angry with myself,I shouldn't have S/U my malay language, I'm just insecured and so I went to S/U it. I have a feeling I could at least score a B+ because of my oral component. SIGH.

I am probably someone who expect too much and not an easily contented person but my freshman year has just passed.... I strongly believe I can still push myself further for the next 3 years. This semester hasn't been a easy journey for me. I went to electives classes alone, spent most of my time studying alone in school till late night (Though there are a few times I studied together with my friends) , had dinner alone....and everything I do is all ALONE. Although I skipped 90% of my lectures (heheh so much for being lazy. Why attend lectures when you can sleep) except the two electives. I am not trying to lament on how lonely I am but really, I didn't expect myself to be able to survive through this "solo semester" alone. Since most of my friends are either in civil or mechanical engineering, I'm like the oddest of the odd, out of them. I'm really glad to see an improvement in my results. Plus, I would considered this semester to be good. At least it wasn't as screwed as last semester when I got distracted with friendship issues and many bullshit I shadn't elaborate further. I thank god for a good semester 2 even though it was rocky at times. At least I paid my school fees on time this time round hahaha and oh god...I (Or rather,my dad) paid my entire year 1 tuition fees by cheque of $7650 just because of my mistake. At least I have learnt an expensive lesson of checking e-mails frequently in the future.

My freshman year is officially over, I have no more hall to live in next year meaning I can't stay in school that late for mugging and meaning I will have no admirers looking at me while I study OKAY KIDDING but oh well, at least I could catch the last train home perhaps? :) Since I stay in Marsiling, travelling to NTU wouldn't be longer than 1.5hr so it should be alright. Though there are opportunity cost incurred in this 1.5hours but weighing the marginal benefits over the costs, I guess staying at home is still a better choice even though staying at hall has its advantages too. I'm trying to embrace and love my course, not that I have an issue against electrical engineering but every one has an issue with me studying in the engineering field, relatives and some others (I wouldn't mention who) criticize saying "what happened to you when you did so well for O levels?", "Nobody told you to choose Innova when you could have performed better in other JCs given your score in O levels","Oh she is in engineering now? Kor lian tai" Well I played too much in JC, I started a little too late, I made mistakes, I am just an ordinary person too. Anyway I am starting to love engineering and really...Those that always comment engineering is bad are really way too ignorant. It doesn't meant that Business is always that best and the older generation are all too blinded by the social norms and conformed to it. Till now, I could sense that my mom isn't quite happy with me majoring in the engineering field even though she didn't show it explicitly. She wants me to further my studies in the business field in overseas after I complete my bachelor in NTU. She is willing to fork out the money but I'm not willing to pursue another major anymore. Don't be mistaken, I still love my mother...just that I hope she can change her mindset towards engineering. Yes, Social norms are the accepted standards of behavior of social groups but why let social norms dictate and influence how we live and behave? Why is it so hard for human to operate without the social norms?Just because business is an elite course, it doesn't meant that I have to follow and conform to it. Life shouldn't be this case... I know we have to tell ourselves to heck the shit people thinks but it's not easy studying something that people around you doesn't show support towards it but...At least I have myself.
Jasmine and Sherman are both occupied with EEE camp this holiday and I am not contributing anything to the school.. but camps are....just not my thing, I find the whole thing so awkward and uncomfortable. Socialise just because you are being forced to, I just don't like it. I get quite annoyed when people claim that "You have no friends if you don't join camps". That's utter bullshit, there are many ways to make friends and says who that going camps are the only way to make friends. Sorry...but that's really pathetic if people think that way. So see you in August NTU! :)
My week in a nutshell:
Its dress down friday today and since we all get to wear jeans, I pre-planned (with my team) to wear checkered top/flannels together hehe. We were looking for a good photo to set as our whatsapp group display picture.




Took a few selfies while Dawson is in the toilet doing his business. And my colleagues commented that I have exposed too much early in the morning and always revealing half of my boobs ...GOT MEH.... Its only less than a quarter being revealed. HAHA





With Nicole too! Although Swee kun and Nicole are both not in our team but somehow we are so good with them like as though they have became part of our team already.





And yes...I have made a new spects. Say bye to amblyopia! My eyes can't focus well these few days because I have been looking at the computer for 8.5 hours,5 days in a week. Feel so much comfortable after making a new spects. BUT WAIT...I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO NEED TO WEAR SPECTS IN MY HOUSEHOLD, EVERYONE ELSE HAS PERFECT EYESIGHT. Why am I so cursed.
And that black stain on my tongue....Is actually a gobstopper black food colouring.

The famous JiJi wonton mee from Hong Lim food centre! If you are wonton noodles lover and you have never try this before...you have obviously been living in a well. I was so sick of eating the $2 chye beng so I requested Samuel to help me take away the wonton noodle back to office since he is on the 12pm shift while I am on the 1pm shift for this week. The noodle taste better when eaten at the food centre itself because it was dry and oily when packed back. He added chicken cutlet, I stole two pieces and it was......fantabulous. So oily and sinful but it taste really good.

The egg tart from Hong Lim food centre! I have been a freeloader and always eating free egg tarts, cheese tarts and muffins in office. I love their banana muffin especially. As usual,this was Sam's treat and I am really being fed like a pig. Why are my colleagues all so nice and generous..... Is it a guy thing to treat people.....? Or my face has the obvious tam jiak gui face?

The $2 chye beng in Hong Lim food centre! Any 3 side dishes with rice for $2. The portion was a lot for $2. I had scrambled egg, curry cabbage and some braised chicken. Muar lor mee, duck rice (Black yam rice), outram park fried kuay tiao mee, ah heng curry chicken bee hoon mee, sungei road trishaw laksa and the Jiji wonton noodle can all be found in Hong Lim food court. They are all too good to miss. This is why I love MOM. Good food nearby.

And this is how my colleague usually take orders for us.Taking a photo while they are in the queue and helping the later shift to take away.


Snacks contributed by my colleagues and we had a mini pantry in our seating area. My contribution to the stash of food= 0. I really didn't know everyone contributed food! I will buy some snacks during the weekends! THIS IS WHY I SAY I AM BEING FED LIKE A PIG IN MOM.

Mangoes sliced by my mom for my breakfast. So much love.


And everytime before we start work... there are bound to have a bit of "activation energy" before we start out engines...

Yes...good food must be accompanied with midnight jogs. Bones are shattering into pieces everytime I reached home and all I want to do is to sleep but I have.to.drag.myself.out. I am happy to see prominent collar bones now but please don't go missing by 31st july when my contract ends hahah. I received comments from many of the MOM staffs that I have slimmed down a lot compared to last year...wow thanks! Clothes size has indeed dropped by one size but wait,why is my face still not slimming down? I would want to go shave my square jaws if someone sponsor me to do so...
I had a bad sore eye in the morning and I still couldn't figure out how I got the sore eyes.

Let me crop it out for you to visualize better AHAHAA:


It was so bad that I don't even dare to look up when I was travelling to work in the MRT that morning. Thank god my sore eye went away completely before lunch time.

And on 28/5/14...
Xinping's graduation! Diploma holder with merit, GPA 3.9 out of 4! I am so proud of her that I can burst into tears. Some of you may think that 3.9 is nothing but because we have known each other since 2007 and knowing her academic jump is really huge, I just feel so touched. She used to be the girl who always get straight E8s, F9s for her E-maths back in secondary school, the basic requirement to enter a poly would be at least a pass in E-maths but she managed to scrapped through her O levels and now a merit diploma holder,award winner and she is accepted by NUS. I can't even... You see why I feel so touched? Not trying to be dramatic but I was quite upset when I couldn't attend her graduation ceremony initially. I had no mood during work at all and my half leave only got approved on her graduation day itself. Can you imagine how frantic + happy I am at that point of time? Immediately cabbed down from Clarke quay to Dover,costed only $10 but heart aches still. Not the kind of person who likes to splurge on transport. Food,clothes yes yes LOL. When I saw her in SP, I was so happy that I just have to call her name out loudly. No chance to attend Chengee's graduation ceremony because I have to work sigh so I told myself that by hook or by crook, not to miss Xinping's graduation ceremony. I really have no regrets now.


Huiboon, Chengee and I were all tip-toeing to match Angeline and Xinping height. We were not tall enough to match their height if we doesn't tip toe hahahah.



Yes....I had work that day which explains my outfit.

I was telling her to pose some 鬼脸, I was showing her how to do it and my god *slap forehead*...why am I so unglam hahaha.
And the outcome:



I never knew I am capable of making such miserable faces until my face was caught candid in the camera.

I tried to tip-toed when I stand beside her because she is like a freaking 172cm or I DONT KNOW! She is just so tall. And oh my god,look at her,she is slouching...but still taller than me.

Oh yah and look who she took photo with....I don't know who this person is but I know I will never dare to do this on the stage after receiving my award. I will just scurry down the stage like a timid mouse.


My face is so unglam I can't even..... THIS WASN'T INTENTIONAL.


With my beloved girlfriends except le roomie LYNETTE TAY AUNITE! She has some FOC camp that day if I am not wrong.






Ikea with the girlfriends after Xinping went off. So much love in a day.
Happy graduation babe!
Anyway I am so addicted to this song lately...
Anyway I am so addicted to this song lately...
