Month of March
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Haven't been updating this little space of mine so I am going to forego a bit (Not really a bit actually) of my materials studying time to update a post. Today is a self-proclaim-no-lesson day since because there are only 2 lectures to attend (I'm anti-social like that) and since I am very lazy to step out of the room,I am just stuck in my room for the whole of today. Lynette made a pact with me saying she will clean the room when i contribute the wiper sheets but she didn't keep up to her damn freaking promise....end up I have to clean the room instead. I really have a low tolerance when it comes to studying in a dirty environment. I don't think I am the only anal one right....??








Terrible room left uncleaned for more than 2 weeks...Had to use 2 wiper sheets to get rid of all the hair and dust on the floor and another 2 more to really clean the floor. Waiting to give roomie a surprise when she is back. I can be a good housewife in the future too *pat on my shoulders* but NO,I don't want to be a housewife.

Le roomie is forever studying (and dating) with his lover boy and I am always out in school to study till late midnight so the room is like a dirty dungeon. 

And yes,its April fool's day today. Jelyn tricked me during the midnight and she succeeded in tricking me so I was a little more cautious when it comes to jokes today. So...my dear best friend tried to fool me but failed BIG TIME HAHHA.




For the past few weeks,there is nothing happening actually. Just that...Okay I am really not boasting but...




I don't know who the person is but whoever he is,I would like to thank him for describing me this way. And the most touching part is he actually observed the fact that I always study alone in school till midnight T.T I'm not exactly a friendly or sociable person but I don't choose when it comes to making friends so....you can come talk to me if you want.



I have so much to blog about but I don't know where to start from...Let's just slowly rewind the time.

Studied with Sherman yesterday and we were so distracted that we watched 我是歌手 videos for about an hour,discussing the competitors' outfits and their talents lol. I'm not really a fan of mandarin songs but he recommended some really good ones for my ears. Quite addicted to them for now. 


This photo was taken right after I caught him taking photos of me during tutorial. (one week ago?) He actually secretly snapped a few photos of me while I was trying to pay attention to the tutor from a really low angle and I only realized it after he got 5 NOT SO glamorous shots of me. I'm not going to post them out here because I looked like I am beyond hope..demoralising haha.

For the past weekend, I didn't study much except to go cafe visiting with my favourite two girls! I'm going to feed all of you with pictures of good food now. Behold..






I went Lola's cafe with Xinping on friday. Friday is another self-proclaim-no-school day for me so I got lotsa time for cafe baybeh! Managed to update each other with our lives currently. Xinping has just graduated from poly and will be serving her scholarship bond for i-can't-remember-how-many-years first before she is going to be matriculated into NUS. So proud of her. Used to be the girl who complaint about her bad grades and always failing maths back in secondary school but now she gradated with a remarkable GPA score that she is eligible to choose good courses in university but she choose to follow her path of architecture. So realistic, I admire *Thumbs up*

And anyway,regarding the food...Price was average. $10 for the plate of honey paprika wings and $15 for the Lola's full monty breakfast set and Xinping's mushroom meltz thingy was about $10? There isn't exactly a variety of choices to choose from so i settled for the monty breakfast set because the rest aren't appealing. We had to sit in the outdoors and sweat like pigs because the cafe was really small and it was completely full house. Reached there around 2.45pm and the brunch time will end at 3pm, I insisted to queue even though there is a risk that we will queue for nothing. But thank god,we got our seats at exactly 3pm.  The bacon was really good,it was sweet and NOT salty at all,grilled to perfection totally. As for the honey paprika wings,I thought the honey can be more,otherwise its fantastic.




We took many more photos and we actually shamelessly go to some random bungalow and used it as our backdrop HAHAH. There are simply too many beautiful bungalows in Kovan and we shouldn't waste it haha.




She had a sudden craving for cola and for me...I had a sudden craving for 中国苹果水. Don't ask me why. Good friends have weird sudden craving together.

On saturday...I met up with Yuanyu for good food again! I am so sorry to my wallet but cafe wait for no man. Went to the reputed Nakhon's kitchen for dinner. From reviews, Nakhon is one of the best Thai eatery in Singapore. We have to queue for a good LONG 30 minutes to get our seats and we didn't manage to sit indoors again. The eatery wasn't air-conditioned,Its like a coffee shop style and the price is of course AFFORDABLE. I am quite a miser when it comes to food, eating ban mian or chup chye beng in school normally. ONLY for cafes, do not need to think twice when it comes to spending money HAHA. Since the food was really afforadable, its really a plus point. (Psstt....NO GST and service charge too) SO JUST SPEND ONLY.







The food is SIMPLY TOO GOOD. It makes me want to cry for joy. The tom yum soup was quite a small bowl..I actually wanted to order one more bowl separately but I didn't commit the sin in the end. Yuanyu and I shared one bowl and we couldn't even finish half of it. It was SOOO spicy but simply delicious. DO NOT BELITTLE THE BOWL OF PLAIN LOOKING SOUP. Spicy but the sourness wasn't compromised. I had basil pork rice,was really skeptical about it initially because it just look like a normal plate of chup chye plus there is long beans (I hate long beans because my hamster eat that) but well....actually it tasted good. The pandan leaves chicken were bad though,too dry and hard for my liking. I ordered lemongrass tea initially but it was sold out so I had to settle for honey lemon tea. I thought that I have to spare a little for my tummy (I have slight lactose intolerance meaning if you buy me milkshake or milk,I will vomit in return for you) and gave up my thoughts about ordering the famous thai milk tea that everybody recommend. My honey lemon tea came in a bottle,disappointed.. I still thought it would be home-made of something like that.
















Next,we went to Hatterstreet Bakehouse and cafe. Jacky told me that their waffles is better than Creamier's one. Creamier and Wimbly Lu are like two of the best already and so I really want to try how good Hatter's waffles are. Perhaps because I was very bloated from Nakhon's already so I didn't enjoy my dessert well. I will definitely go back to try their waffles on an empty stomach again! The macaroons were shaped in a mini burger shape! So ADORABLE,expensive $2 for one really tiny pastry but I just have to order it! As for the other pastries we ordered, I don't think I will bother trying them again unless if I go there on an empty stomach. The waffles was really good though, love love.









We went to the nearest shopping centre (Heartland mall) to rest because our stomach were on the verge of bursting. Most of the shops were already closed but nonsensical me just want to sit at one of the shops display counter and take photo LOL. Hope my acts are not caught on the camera HAHA. And she helped me took a very nice photo. I uploaded the one with filter on instagram,this has no filters.


So 2 weeks ago,I went to polyclinic to have my ear checked. Did i mentioned that my piercing has gone wrong and the whole stud front got embedded in my lobe? My piercing was closed and I had no way but to consult the doctor for help. I tried to save money by going polyclinic to have the stud taken out but in the end,the doctor referred me to A and E instead. So much of wasting my 4 hours queing up for it and a referral letter is all they got for me. The consultation was barely 3mins and the doctor said she hasn't seen such a situation before. I really would appreciate if they can provide me some cream or painkillers to consume. I was so enraged for the time wasted and I asked the doctor if I still need to pay for consultation fees. I know it sounded retarded but I was really trying to be rude and sarcastic. The other time when I went to polyclinic to have my menses checked and feet checked because it was irregular and it had rashes respectively..The doctor (another doctor) actually referred me to KK hospital for a gynaecologist and to the national skin centre for my rashes checked. Sorry, but after the series of events, I really am doubting the profession of the doctors in polyclinic. The consultation may be really cheap at only $10+ but I don't pay consultation fees for just "I need to refer you to blablabla". The doctors in polyclinic really need to do something instead of pushing everything to hospitals. HAIYAH WHERE IS THE PROFESSIONALISM AH.




During the period of waiting for the appointment, I slowly pull it out from the back everyday so I can enlarge the back hole. The embedded stud came off from the back hole by itself when I was bathing so I am glad I don't have to go all the way to khoo teck puat and waste more time. The ear hole is quite large now but it is slowly closing now. Glad :)


However,recently my right ear went sore again. 




Super red burning ear.

Ugly just-woke-up-from-the-bed face in my angry bird sleep dress also can take selfies one.



Right now when I am typing this blog post,my ear is well now and the swelling has gone down.

My most busiest month has just passed. I am so glad for it to be over but it is also one of my most productive month. I really almost died last week. I had materials (30%) mid term on Tuesday, econs mid term (20%) and maths quiz (5%) on thursday. Thought I wasn't stressed because I was on track for materials but the two tests on thursday really tested my patience. From Tuesday to Thursday, I was really feeling this way:






I looked so cui for the whole of last week...and whenever I am tired,I will have double eyelids LOL.



But TGIO (Thank god its over). Econs mid terms was hard though, I kinda underestimated it,thinking it will be as easy as HE9091 but no....

So yes...Bye terrible March!



And nooooo...finals in a month time!



Say hello to my collection of exercise books from The paper stone. I can't study my notes if they are dull so I need these colourful notebooks for help LOL.



During my E-learning week, I took my tuesday off to go back Innova Jc as a mentor  for my CCA. Guess none of you know I have a new media arts background huh? Just want to beef up my NMA portfolio.  


 And yes, my photo is still hanging on the walls in school!







My task was simple actually. Just need to take care of the secondary school students who join the New Media Academy,an event hosted by IJC to teach the secondary school students the New media arts skills. They would also have to do a project called Project 909, a 90 seconds short film production with strong social messages done in 9 hours. It was my second time being a mentor for New Media Academy but I still feel frightened when it comes to mentoring. I specializes in photography but I was assigned the film production group so I was really nervous whenever the kids asked me questions regarding on how to operate this and that. BUT....Kids nowadays are all really smart. They need none of my help. All I did was to answer their questions.

"Teacher, how many kids do you have?"
"How old are you?"
"Last time you study what in uni?"

"No...I am still a student in NTU and I study engineering in NTU now. I am only 19 this year,I have no husband and have no kids"

"Don't bluff lah,you looked so old. eeeee why you study engineering, why you don't want study law?"




 



A pity I wasn't there to watch their short film. NMA only need mentors for 1 day. But it's alright! I will be back again next year! 

And the next day I went orchard Cineleisure for Innova Film Festival. Zhan Hao was in Taiwan for some commando thing so he was unfortunate enough not to catch a glimpse of his face on the big screen. And lol...Ms Mindy Wong totally acted like a good chao ah lian. Didn't know she got such a humorous side too. Most of the GP teachers in school all looked so stern but deep down,they all have hidden talents HAHAHA.

Anyway NMA changed so much that most of the teachers I knew aren't in NMA anymore. Teachers like Mr Lin furong, Ms tan and Mr Billy wong.




And last Saturday, I went to attend 4M3 class reunion at Fushan garden. Most of them are in poly and have currently graduated! So happy for them and can't wait to graduate from uni too..but I am definitely not ready to enter the workforce yet. Yvonne,Jacky and Han kuang will be going for a graduation trip together to Hong Kong...words can't contain how envious I am... I WANNA GO TOO T.T I thought I was quite under dressed that day. I wore a fbt and my 2xu finisher tee,totally opposite from the rest but because its a BBQ thing,I just want to be comfortable. Most of the pictures taken on that day were of low quality because of the lighting.


Mdm Ng in green,my accounting teacher.
Mr Lim and Mr seow,my sec 3 english teacher and chinese teacher for upper secondary respectively 






With Nabil! The most POLITE, HUMBLE, NICEST (the list goes on) guy I ever known. Great husband material




With Jeet, He changed so much (appearance wise) and buffed up A LOT. He is so strong,I don't think I need to elaborate on this part. *Thumbs up*. To think that we once quarreled in class back in Sec 2,I banged the table, point and shouted at him during CME lesson even when Mdm Doris Lim told me to stop quarreling with Jeet,I totally ignored her and continue shouting like some chao ah lian oh god. Memories...bad one just stay in the past. I adore Jeet like an elder brother now!


And so...we were trying to imitate the oscar best selfie LOL.













With Chong Han Kuang! My first crush in sec 3 LOL but I remember he was so unfriendly and "act cool" that I hate him. Heard that he is VERY popular among his female friends in poly and nurses during his attachment.


With Jacky and Jeet,the two bullies. Fastest runners in school too! Don't belittle them!

And two weeks ago, I went to attend Tiffany's 21st birthday. All my semester 1 uni friends were invited to the party,so glad to have met them during the party,we absolutely had no meet ups in this 3 months.




Make up also can 摆 siao face,no?








Totally wore the wrong outfit. My dress was too short and because we had to sit at the sofa,I have to keep using bags or the cushion to cover up..Really won't appreciate a wardrobe malfunction when so many people are present.













Oh yes! I bought this nautical bracelet at the North spine booth 3 weeks ago? Just have a thing for anchors and anything that has nautical feel. Don't really like wearing accessories but because the uncle is really nice...I JUST HAD TO. So pretty but so not cheap too,$12? T.T



So last week,I studied with Shaun and because my mouth and hands were itchy,I went to order Hotbox delivery,green tea macchiato and ah lian bee hoon. Heard about the raving of their bee hoon so I thought of trying it. Oolong macchiato came instead of green tea macchiato..disappointed but will not complain because it still taste good especially the cream mmmm. NOW I'M CRAVING FOR IT AGAIN SIGH. Didn't really tell Shaun that I ordered a drink for him beforehand because I thought it would be better if its a surprise. And when he bought the avocado drink after his dinner,I panic like hell because he probably wouldn't have the stomach for another macchiato. And woah, Hotbox really marked the price of the drinks so much higher. WHY YOU LIDDAT AH. Tried the bee hoon and it was mediocre but the chicken wing was good though haha.



I'm salivating as I am typing this now.

So on some particular Friday, met up with Melissa and Esther at JEM, bumped into Chantagan and Ah sin coincidentally. So nice to see them,the last time I seen them was like...during A levels results collection. And Chantagan is my first friend from Thailand and Ah sin is my first Chinlay friend! *Grins* I can't even remember how I managed to make friend with Chantagan back in JC...we aren't even in the same stream nor class but we just can communicate immediately back in JC. 



And yes...one of a more interesting event I attended with Shaun and Liyana some weeks back,the impresario. Went to support/ watch Liyana's friend, Mariko performed for the solo vocal category. All the singers' voice are superb! I enjoyed the dance category the most..It just make me wanna groove along with them lol.
That particular sunday I didn't move back to hall and because the event ended quite late,I had to cab back home sigh...there goes my $20 for cabbing back home. And for that particular week,it was my e-learning week,I totally scrimped and saved by staying at home for the whole week. There is always a trade-off in everything T.T