Never been so painful before
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Most of you would know that I had my 2XU compression half marathon on sunday if you have been following me on instagram and facebook but what you guys didn't know about was my ear infection. The other time when I just gotten a helix piercing,I had slight soreness in the ear and being really paranoid,I took good care of it just so to prevent my ear from "cauliflowering". In case you have no idea what a cauliflower ear looks like,below are two images to feed your nightmares. 


 (Source: Google images)


 (Source: Google images)

My helix piercing swollen bump gradually disappear as I was really careful everytime I bathe, sleep or when I was combing my hair. Till now, its in good condition. Last 2 weeks, I went for another piercing on my left ear but it wasn't a bone piercing,its just on the upper ear lobe. The piercing was good,I didn't feel any soreness or pain throughout the week,there was no pus,no drainage,nothing at all. Thinking it's just a lobe piercing,I didn't really care much about taking care of it since it WASN'T WASN'T WASN'T painful at all. However on the recent friday night,I feel a stinging pain in my ear lobe after my meet up with Melissa and Esther. Thinking perhaps its just hair caught in piercing, I didn't care much. I went home and do my normal routine. Prepared to sleep at around 12am but the stinging pain escalated into a throbbing pain like there is a heart palpitating on my ear or migraine on my ear lobe. I tried to ignore the pain and force myself to sleep because I don't want to kick a big fuss,its not like I am pregnant and my water bag just burst. I managed to sleep at 1am and woke up 2 hours later,which is 3am duh. The pain was so unbearable that I just kept crying non-stop in my bed. Couldn't do anything to curb the pain because even a gentle touch to it is like bringing flames to my ear stud and allowing it to conduct heat to burn my ear further. Anyway back to the topic of my painful ear,I shall post some images of it. 


(This was taken on the friday night when the pain was just stinging)


(This was taken around 3 to 4am when I couldn't sleep due to the pain,I had a bath because I want to occupy myself with things so as to divert the pain away from my ear but bathing wasn't of a great help.)



Okay this is the zoom in shot of one of the image above. Anyway,as ridiculous as it may sound, the blue veins beneath my cheek became more prominent. It just looks like my face is a porcelain vase that was broken into pieces and glued back with cracks running across the vase. Not that obvious in picture but it was so obvious in the mirror.


Couldn't sleep so I just took selfies to kill time. Anyway I deliberately took the photo this way because I looked so horrible when I cry, okay nobody look good crying right...


I looked like I am smiling so happily but actually my ear was in throbbing pain that time lol.I can't possibly frown in pictures right. The pain keep dragging,even until 7am when my parents were preparing to head out for work. I went to cook instant vermicelli for my breakfast around 9am, crazily ate 4 panadol at once after my meal as I don't have any painkillers at home and only managed to fall asleep immediately after the meal. I woke up around 11am by the throbbing pain again.

This has got to be my worst Friday and Saturday. I went ahead with my 2XU half marathon because I was hoping that the pain in my ear can be diverted away to my aching knees and thighs. Definitely don't want to rot at home and cry till I brawl my eye balls out. 

I'm spending time to type this post out because I want a memory to be kept,whether good or bad. In this case,its bad of course. I'm assuming nobody is reading my blog since I haven't been blogging for quite some time so I am just blogging for myself to read. Right now when I am typing this post,the pain has subsided but my ear is still very swollen. Not a very pleasant sight. What's worst is that my stud is completely covered up by my swollen lobe,like magic lol. I just hope that I can recover from this ear infection soon. Till then.