Saturday, January 4, 2014

So in love with my new blog song! If you guys are interested in the song title, its called Let Go by RAC ft. Kele,MNDR. Check out the video on youtube if you like. Felt really uncomfortable watching the video because it's about cannibalism. Pukes max but i don't care since it's a great song. The video doesn't have much views but a good song doesn't need many people to listen to it. Wouldn't want the song to be played continuously in retail stores or even pasar malam. Gotta be really sickening.
Time flies,its yet another new year,2013 hasnt really been the most exciting year that i had but it is one of the most "special" year I had. I will be talking about my highlights of 2013 and improvements I want for 2014 in this blog post so you can kindly close the browser if you aren't interested about my life haha. This post may came a little late but I can only find the time now to talk about it.
So in 2013, I have.......
1) Took up two temp jobs
As usual, this has got to be my greatest highlight of 2013 since work occupied 8 months of my 2013. Made many friends at both workplaces and certainly seen a part of how society works. I admit that I still have a lot to learn but at least i got to taste the appetizer of the dog eat dog world society. The friendships I have forged are still going strong at this point of time.


With my SMRT girls above. Yuki has went back to China after getting married. My regret is that I didn't even get to bid farewell to her..



With the NTU interns! Sobs....They are graduating in a few months time and I will definitely miss them.

Thats my supervisor on the extreme right,we are like friends right HAHHA,less of the employee and employer relationship.




Haze period. Crazy Pearlyn and I volunteered to risk our lives at PSI level of around 200 to go Hong Lim food centre and chinatown point to dabao food and share tea for some of our colleagues.....With our tissue material facial mask. LOL.

2) Matriculated into Nanyang Technological University
Being in an engineering course is not my first choice. My first choice was actually Economics in NTU but i was offered engineering instead. Sent in so many appeal emails and I even took a half day leave from my job at MOM just to submit my appeal letter School of HSS dean PERSONALLY. Well,of course I only get to see his secretary and not him himself. I don't think a big shot like him has the time to entertain me though. I even went to the "Meet-the-people sessions" at my neighbourhood to seek help for the appealing. Talk about being crazy.. The appeal period was tough and I was on my own most of the times. My family works in a way whereby we make our own decisions and they have no qualms about any decision I make. I am certainly quite a screwed up person if you are talking about independence here. Like I said, I am still learning at this age of 19 years old no matter how much things don't go my way.

3) Started to love what i am doing.
When i was offered engineering, I felt really ashamed of myself and is constantly worried that my relatives will look down on me since I am not studying the usual business, accounting course that people will go hooha about. I told myself in JC to NEVER study engineering even if i do badly for A levels. My biggest nightmare has however came true. But right now.....I am starting to like engineering! And to people out there who thinks that studying for a particular course determine the rest of our future...YOU ARE SO WRONG. Be my guest ,go to the nearest wall and bang your head on it till it bleeds. The degree we are working towards now has not much relations in what we are doing in the future actually. I'm not trying to brag about engineering but it's just that there are way too many people looking down on engineering and I don't think there is a need to.
4) Not regretting not joining any FOC in Uni.
Before coming into NTU, I have friends telling me that I will not be able to make any friends in uni if I don't join any camps. That's a bullshit actually, there are many ways to make friends and sad to say, joining camps isn't the ONLY way. I actually applied for insinyur camp LOL but because i am not able to take a full week leave and i did not wish to be on early dismissal because i am really having a good relationship with my colleagues and supervisor, I can't bear to leave them suddenly. In the end,I couldn't make it for the camp. As for hall camp, didn't give a hoot about it because I went to a chalet with my colleagues. And other camps, I didn't try applying at all.
5) Live in the school hall
Although the hall I got is quite old compared to other halls but I really like it because there is a toilet in the room. I have visited some of my friends' hall and I still feel that hall 2 is one of the most spacious hall. Even though there is no air con which is a con but I don't really need one since I nose bleed easily in an air conditioned environment. Sounds pretty ridiculous but it's true.

6) Got myself drunk and wasted badly
I don't wish to go in too much about the details because it's nothing to be proud of but all I can say is that it happened during my chalet with the colleagues. One of my colleagues has to even take care of me and bear my nonsense till 4am in the morning..I'm still feeling super guilty to have him to count the number of tiles on the ceiling with me till i completely knock out. Many crazy shit that I've done when I was drunk that my other colleagues told me. Not going to say it here though but you can ask me personally. It's quite amusing when I first heard it.
7) Went clubbing for the first time.
Yes my first time (laugh all you want) and it was 1 month before the finals.

8) Realised I can't really ride a bicycle well.
For the falls and the injuries I have gained during chalet and my hall night cycling. Sigh. There is still a scar left on my upper thigh when the skin of my thigh was scraped off.

9) Cafe hopped (many times..)
Talk about smoked salmon, eggs benny,holandaise sauce, truffle fries, belgium waffles and lemon meringue tarts......Oh my lord.
10) Made friends and lost some.
I discovered who I can be true to and who are true to me. Just a part and parcel of life,nothing to elaborate about. What I meant by losing is actually realising who aren't your true friends.
11) Ran my first half marathon.
Crazy and expensive $70+ 21.1km run. Told Huiboon that it will be my first and last half marathon when i crossed the finishing line but I have actually took back my word.

12) Played softball
Quitted after that few sessions. I can't catch well, I can't throw well and I don't like to get myself dirtied by the mud in the field. I have issues with that. Softball needs sprinting but I am more of a long distance person which I am not willing to change that in a short time.
13) Dyed my hair 4 times
Yes,I am a crazy kid. But after my JC prom,my red hair keep bleeding till it became copper brown and I was really unhappy with that. I took up burgundy,light brown and dark auburn afterwards but I wasn't satisfied and I finally settled on medium golden brown which is the colour of my current hair...but it just looks like I have black hair in pictures. What a bummer! Those colours just don't look like what it appeared to be on the colour swatch palette..They all just become back to 1 colour-BROWN.

ALL THE COLOURS JUST LOOK SOMEWHAT THE SAME,ISN'T IT? PFFTTTT..
14) Touched cosmetics for the first time
Really don't know anything about cosmetics until when i have to go work and my mom made me to put on make up. She herself doesn't like putting cosmetics but she told me that it would be more presentable with some light make up on during work. Ever since then, I have been constantly investing in good facial care products because I certainly don't want acnes or pimples to break out. I'm quite a freak when it comes to facial flaws....I'm not talking about having the best looking nose because I definitely have the world ugliest nose, its just that I wouldn't want any acnes or pimples to break out. I have panda eyes which is really irritating but I didn't make any effort to make those dark rings disappear so i can't complain much.
15) Had my hamster eaten away by a stray cat
This is not a highlight..but what I want to say is that I don't ever want to adopt any pets anymore. I fail to save my hamster and watched the stray cat biting my hamster in its mouth and all i did was screaming and crying. What a failure I am. After that incident,I am pretty sure that I dislike stray cats.

Bye Mimi :'( Hope you will be reincarnated to a good being since you have always been a joy to the Koh family.
So for 2014,I wouldn't consider those below to be my resolutions but rather what I want to improve on because I have never fulfill any new year resolutions LOL. The list will continue to go on but I will only type out what comes to my mind at this moment.
Personal
I want to save more and shop less. All these while I have been spending a lot on online stores, this has got to change and this time is for real.
Second,I just want to be more ladylike. HAHA this may come across as a joke but I think I really need to improve on this aspect. It's not easy to be ladylike when your siblings are two brothers,one elder and one younger,seriously...Its hard because I feel really comfortable communicating with them on a "boy attitude" manner. I'm not the kind of demure girl who will enjoy my meal 1 small bite by 1 small bite nor the kind of girl that will cover my mouth and giggle. I eat my meal in ANY MANNER I like and just laugh out loud if I want to. I'm just different. Sad to say,I have guy friends commenting that I need to stop bro-fisting all my guy friends and I have to be more demure. Yes I will try. However,guys also need to know that there is a difference between pretentious and demure. There may be girls out there acting all gentle in front of guys but when they are with their girlfriends,they talked like a beast. Fake girls that guys will always be blinded by..tsk tsktsk.
Third, for my studies...I want to improve on that too. No more friendship issues and no more other distractions. I've got parents that love me dearly,a hall to live in, supportive friends...Distractions shall not come in my way. I need to LEARN how to be nonchalant over certain matters and need to LEARN how to stop being so nice to fake people. Ultimately people live well and you will be returned with shit treatment. Poof! That's fake friends. Sad but true enough, we are living in an universe full of fake people.
Forth, my attitude. For people who know me well enough,they will know that I tend to bottle up my troubles if I ever have. I don't like to talk things out immediately because I'm not sure what the talks would lead to .I always believe in giving both parties some time to cool down before talking things out. It's just like the divorce and separation thing in a failed marriage,even if the end is a divorce,there is no harm giving both parties a separation time to cool down. And even if it's a divorce, at least the separation time give us some time to be mentally prepared for it. Of course we don't always wish for the worst ending but sometimes things are beyond your control. When it's time to let go,you let go and don't harp on it. Sometimes I am really upset about certain things but I DON'T SHOW. I don't know if I should change this trait of mine because I am raised being passive at home.
Last but not least, this is one very important thing. I want to adjust back my body clock to a normal one. No more waking up at 7pm and no more sleeping at 9am. Pretty crazy but this is what have happened to me today. I have secretly saluted to myself. Good luck to me in adjusting back.

Born looking like a tomboy...nobody can change the fact HAHA. Anyway that's my maid,Aminah, and I. I looked like a ghost right..freaking white. (Please do not direct translate this in chinese LOL)

I love my outfit here! Dungaree overall! Hehe

Brothers and I celebrating Aminah's birthday.

Friends
EXTREMELY bad at keeping in contact well. I can have a beeping phone with new whatsapp conversations and I take days to reply. If you haven't already know,sometimes I don't like to whatsapp or text because I'm plain lazy in doing that. What I like is to call or meet my friend out personally. But I don't normally call unless I really find a need to HTHT. So I am really sorry to those whom you might whatsapp me and halfway through I can just ignore you message. YOU ARE NOT BORING,ITS JUST THAT I SUDDENLY HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO LIKE BLOGGING. So please don't ever feel that way...you are all my friends and are perfect in my eyes hehe. There are times whereby you guys will feel that why is it I don't take the initiative to whatsapp people first,PLEASE...I swear that I'm afraid that I might disturb you all so I wouldn't dare to whatsapp people first. Honestly there are times whereby I really like to call some of my guy friends and have a good chat but i'm too shy to do that. Believe it or not,up to you. I am really comfortable having many good guy friends,no romance or whatsoever. Going back to the topic of bro-fisting, like I've said,I do that so that in the future if i treat a guy well,nobody will accuse me of liking him..and it's purely a brotherly thing. I don't like it when there are rumours going on about you and that particular guy bla bla shit. I don't normally like guys easily. So in 2014,I want to stop being paranoid and thinking that guys may think I like them and try to be more friendly to them. This will rid the brotherly thing. I will also try to keep in contact with friends more. Anyway I have a bad habit of not keeping in touch with friends who are not studying in the same school or same course as me,I am really sorry to all my primary school friends, secondary school friends and JC friends whom I have neglected a lot.
Anyway I post mostly the group photos below,so sorry if your photo isn't below but you know I still love you guys.

.jpg)













Family
I'm passive and quiet when it comes to being at home. None of my friends believe that but really... My mom is really the ultimate lady kind of woman and she will expect me to cross my legs when i sit and laugh softly like a lady. Truth is,I don't do that. So when I'm at home,I'm like a second person. This is not being double faced okay HAHHA... I don't talk much to my brothers and I talk even lesser to my elder brother since he is serving the army now. I have never HTHT with any of my brothers before (probably this is why I've cultivated the bottling-up-all-my-problems-to-myself attitude) nor have I cried to my parents talking out any issues I have. I don't want to tell them my problems because I don't wish them to worry for me. But I guess I have to change the way i view things, family is there for you to provide you the moral and emotional support so I have to stop bottling up my problems even to them isn't it?. For the cousin side..I only get to see them during Chinese new year and for the rest of the 355 days in the year,I won't be seeing them. So yearly,I don't bother talking to them even during CNY. A simple greeting will do. Its really very sad when our 80 years old grandfather is at my house and all they does is to visit him only during the CNY,that only 1 day,for that mere few hours,it's not a very nice thing to do. So what's ...cousin...???? Haha

Family portrait taken 2 years ago. I know I looked damn bad here so I didn't want to post at elsewhere. Mummy in full black. An exaggerated number of people say I look like her,what do you think?
